Friday, August 20, 2010

Apartment A402

I have finally really settled into my apartment, though I haven't quite put the finishing touches on it yet.  However, it does feel like home now and I like what I've done with it so far.

The first room is the living room area, complete with TV, couches and coffee table.Or is it a tea table since Chinese people don't drink coffee?  The first thing I did when I moved into my apartment was to put the pictures on the wall.  All my clothes were still in my suitcase, but I needed to visually impact this space and claim it as mine.  I really wanted it to look like I lived there, not like a hotel.


I am still awaiting my tall friends to help me put up the US map.  The walls are a very sunny yellow, that I'm sure I will appreciate during the dark days of winter.



I brought with me a Nikki McClure calendar from Eat Local, which has really nicely matched with the walls.



In between the living room and my bedroom is the quasi-kitchen hallway and bathroom.  I've bought a hot plate to be able to make an occasional meal and the sink to the right is very useful for dishes and sink laundry.  Even through we have a laundry machine, I've been doing mine in the sink a little bit at a time.  When school starts I'm sure I'll switch over.



Please note the most exciting thing about this bathroom: the water heater.  One of the pervious teacher installed it, otherwise I would have a very narrow opportunity to shower in the morning (6-7am) or in the afternoon (3-5pm).  But now I can shower whenever I want with hot water! 


I'm also very excited about my mini fridge, which is currently stocked with water, orange juice and yogurt pouches.  I'll talk more about yogurt pouches at a later date.



Finally, here is my bedroom, with more yellow. I am still trying to find something to put on the walls.  I brought a purple bedspread from home, which I'm glad I did.  Its nice having something familiar.


Last but not least is my closet and desk (out of the picture on the left).

That's about everything, so I'll wrap up and write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment